When planning to install hardwood floors in your house, one thing you may wonder is where the brand you’re considering is manufactured. Are they made overseas or are you supporting American manufacturing? In this article, I’ve listed 25 of the most popular brands and where they’re made. For quick identification of brands that offer hardwood flooring that’s made in the USA, I’ve put a little icon next to those brands. Please note that these brands may also manufacture some of their products overseas, but they do at least offer some models that are made in the USA.
If you don’t see a brand that you think should be on the list, feel free to head over to our contact page and shoot me an email.
Quickly jump to any brand using this table of contents:
Anderson (Anderson Tuftex)
Anderson hardwood flooring is mostly made in the USA, but a few models of their engineered hardwoods are made in China. In fact, Anderson hardwoods have been manufactured in South Carolina since 1946. In 2018, the Anderson and Tuftex brands were merged by their parent company, Shaw Floors to form the new company, Anderson Tuftex.
- Price: Anderson Tuftex hardwoods list prices range from $8.79/sf to $18.69/sf.
- Warranty: Anderson provides a limited lifetime warranty on its hardwood floors. You can find the details of their warranty here.
Carlisle Wide Plank Floors
Carlisle Wide Plank Floors are handmade in the USA. For over 50 years, Carlisle hardwoods have been produced at their mill in New Hampshire. Not only are they made in the USA, but they are also sourced from American forests using their “forest-to-floor” ethic.
- Price: Carlisle Wide Plank Floors range in price from $12.00 /sf to $50.00 /sf
- Warranty: Carlisle provides a lifetime warranty on the structural integrity of the hardwood floor and warrants that the floors can be sanded and refinished at least 3 times. You can find details on their warranty here.
Dansk Engineered hardwood is based in Vancouver, B.C., but the flooring is made in China.
- Price: Unknown
- Warranty: Dansk provides a non-transferable limited lifetime warranty. This provides a lifetime structural warranty as well as a warranty on the finish ranging from 10 to 25 years depending on the product. More information can be found here.
F.B. Bois hardwoods are made in France. The company was founded in 1953 by Felix Plantier (FP) Bois in the heart of Bourdeaux. The company is still family-owned and has been producing flooring from Bourdeaux Heart Pine for over 60 years.
- Price: Unknown
- Warranty: F.B. Bois provides a lifetime structural warranty and a 25-year residential finish warranty.
Hallmark engineered hardwood floors are made in China and Vietnam. However, they do source their lumber in the USA. The logs are then shipped to China and Vietnam for manufacturing.
- Price: Hallmark doesn’t sell direct, so prices vary by dealer. Expect to pay somewhere in the $8-15 per sq ft range.
- Warranty: Hallmark provides a non-transferable limited lifetime structural and finish warranty. You can find more information here.
HomerWood hardwood flooring is hand-made in the USA from hand-selected wood planks. The planks are chosen from sustainable, center-cut lumber to produce a premium, beautiful hardwood floor. The company was founded in 1894 and is based in Titusville, PA in the heart of the Appalachian region. HomerWood still sources most of its lumber from this region today.
- Price: HomerWood does not sell direct so prices vary by dealer. This is a premium product, so expect it to be priced accordingly.
- Warranty: HomerWood offers a lifetime structural warranty on all floors. They also provide a 50-year residential finish warranty on their UV-Cured Urethane finish. You can find more information about their warranty here.
Johnson Hardwood is manufactured in Vietnam and China. All of their products other than their 3/4″ solid hardwoods are made in Vietnam.
- Price: Expect to pay between $5.00 – $9.00/sq ft for Johnson engineered hardwoods
- Warranty: Johnson offers a non-transferable limited lifetime structural warranty. They also provide a 35-year residential finish warranty for most of their products. You can find more information here.
Kentwood hardwood flooring is made in China.
- Price: The price of Kentwood floors varies by dealer, but expect prices to start around $7/sq ft
- Warranty: Kentwood offers a lifetime manufacturing warranty and a 35-year residential finish warranty. You can find additional information on their Product Information page.
Mohawk hardwood floors are mostly made in the USA; however, some lines are made in Asia. Mohawk was founded in 1878 as a carpet manufacturer and is now the world’s largest flooring company.
- Price: Mohawk prices run the gamut, with prices starting as low as around $3/sq ft.
- Warranty: Mohawk offers a non-transferable limited lifetime structural warranty and 33-year finish warranty on its solid and TecWood flooring lines. You will find more information here.
Mullican solid hardwood flooring is made in the USA and their engineered hardwood floors are made in China. Mullican is a relatively new company and was founded in 1985 and the company is located in Tennessee. Mullican sources its wood from the Appalachian mountains in the USA.
- Price: Expect to pay around $4 – $10/sq ft depending on the style and model
- Warranty: Mullican offers a lifetime finish warranty on their solid hardwoods and a 25-year finish warranty on their engineered hardwoods. More info can be found here.
National Flooring Products
National Flooring hardwoods are made in China and Vietnam.
- Price: Unknown, varies by dealer.
- Warranty: National Flooring’s warranty terms vary by product line. All Elements SPC products carry a limited lifetime structural warranty and a 25 year finish warranty. For more information, visit National Flooring’s Warranty Information page.
Pinnacle wood floors are made in China and Vietnam. Pinnacle was founded in 1999 to provide new and innovative engineered flooring products. They are known for being a good, affordable option for engineered hardwoods.
- Price: Pinnacle floors have a list price of roughly $8 – $12/sq ft
- Warranty: Pinnacle wood floors come with a non-transferable limited lifetime structural warranty. The finish warranty varies by product line but ranges from 25 to 50 years. You can find more information here.
Robina Floors hardwoods are made in China and other locations in Asia. In fact, Robina Floors is the North and South American sales headquarters for the Chinese company Robina Wood, Ltd. They manufacture prefinished and engineered hardwood flooring.
- Price: Robina floors start at around $3.25/sq ft
- Warranty: Robina appears to offer a limited lifetime structural warranty and a 25 year finish warranty. You’ll need to verify the warranty for the product you choose.
Shaw hardwoods are made in the USA and in Asian countries, such as Vietnam. Shaw’s solid hardwoods and EPIC Plus line of engineered hardwoods are all made in the USA. Other Engineered hardwoods are made in Asia. Shaw Floors was founded in 1967 and is based in Dalton, Georgia.
- Price: Shaw engineered hardwoods start at around $3.50/sq ft and run up to about $13/sq ft. Their solid hardwoods run roughly $12 – $23/sq ft.
- Warranty: Shaw offers a limited lifetime structural warranty. The finish warranty varies across products. For more information, check out their warranty page here.
All of Somerset’s hardwood, including its engineered hardwoods, are made in the USA in Kentucky and Tennessee. Somerset uses the finest Appalachian hardwood to manufacturer its hardwood floors. Somerset actually owns and manages their own forests and employs a forestry team to maintain 100-year maintenance plans for their forests. Somerset has been making hardwood flooring for over 30 years
- Price: Somerset hardwoods start at around $5.50sq ft and go up from there.
- Warranty: They offer a non-transferable limited lifetime structural warranty. The finish warranty varies by product and ranges from 15 to 50 years for residential use. More information about their warranty can be found here.